EgyptAir wins award for mobile portal booking
Cairo, September 10, 2013
EgyptAir Mobile Portal has been recognised for its booking experience on smartphones at the Airline E-commerce and Mobile Conference 2013 held recently in Madrid.
The portal was developed and implemented by Link Development, a leading provider of integrated software solutions across the Middle East and a subsidiary of OT Ventures, a pioneering digital and technology solutions provider for both online and mobile platforms.
The airline also won the 'Amadeus Mobile Achievement Award' for yielding the biggest airline ratio between number of visitors and their mobile booking, which reached seven per cent, versus a three per cent global average ratio for the airline industry.
Salah Kadri, e-commerce manager, said: “This tremendous uptake of mobile booking on EgyptAir’s mobile portal reflects the customer-centric experience embedded in every single function featured on it.”
"Our focus should always be on our travellers," said Kadri. "For us, to be able to support our travellers on the latest mobile devices, such as iPhone, BlackBerry, and Android phones, was critical.”
The services on the portal include flight booking service, check-in, modify and manage the booking details, flight status information , the latest offers , baggage information and time table. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc
- Bahrain air show set to take off
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry