Bahrain Airport Company acquires Hochtief JV
Manama, September 11, 2013
Bahrain Airport Company (BAC) said it has taken full control of HOCHTIEF Facility Management Bahrain, its joint venture with the top German construction group, in line with its strategy to boost efficiency of airport’s operations and maintain the quality of facilities.
BAC is the authority responsible for operating and managing Bahrain International Airport as a world-class airport.
Announcing this on Wednesday, CEO Mohamed Yousif Al Binfalah said the BAC after buying the entire 50 per cent stake in the Hochtief joint venture has now named it as BAC Facilities Management.
Al Binfalah affirmed that the move will not impact the operations of the company and business will run as usual. Effective from today, the company will commence operations under the new identify.
"This comes in line with BAC plan to improve the Kingdom‘s aviation capabilities; and cater to the growing number of passengers as well as the changing demands of the airport’s stakeholders," said the top official after signing the acquisition agreement with Hochtief representative Burkhart Zaga.
Since appointed in 2010 by BAC to manage the airport’s facilities, Hochtief Facility Management Bahrain Airport had been providing its’ services at the airport terminal building, apron, fire building, hangers, cargo halls, and administration buildings.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria