Sharjah show to unveil kitchen technologies
Sharjah, September 16, 2013
New kitchen technologies and equipment is set to be showcased for the regional hospitality and catering industry at an exhibition to be held in Sharjah.
The inaugural Kitchen and Technology Middle East Exhibition will be held alongside the OIC Halal Middle East Exhibition and Congress from December 16 to 18 at the Expo Centre Sharjah.
The hotel and hospitality market in the UAE is forecast to grow at double-digit rates a year for the next four years, dramatically outpacing growth in the overall economy, pointing to a rise in demand for specialised requirements for food storage, preparation and handling technologies and products, said a statement.
“It is a known fact that about half of the hospitality sector’s revenues in the region comes from the food and beverage service segment," said Said Mohammed Al Midfa, CEO, Expo Centre Sharjah.
"The exhibtion will provide the sector a great opportunity to source cutting-edge, innovative kitchen technology to dish out delicacies to a multi-ethnic population and millions of tourists who arrive in the country,” he added.
The show will also feature the ‘Chefs’ Corner,’ a live-demo and activity area that will inform and educate chefs and kitchen equipment buyers on the latest technology and must-haves. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines 'set to rake in $2.4bn in profits'
- Gulf Air launches flights to Sialkot
- Qatar Airways raises Colombo flight capacity
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley