Travelport, Jet Airways renew content deal
New Delhi, September 17, 2013
Travelport, a major services and e-commerce provider for the global travel industry, has renewed its multi-year content agreement with India-based Jet Airways, a top international airline, and its wholly owned subsidiary, Jet Lite.
The renewal allows continued access to Jet Airways’ and Jet Lite’s most up-to-date route information and published fares for Travelport-connected travel agents globally.
Jet Airways and Jet Lite together operate nearly 550 daily flights to 72 destinations, within India and overseas.
Damian Hickey, Travelport’s vice president of Global Distribution Sales and Services, APAC, said: “We are delighted that the Jet Airways Group has extended its global partnership with Travelport and we’re also excited about the regional opportunities in India as the airline industry continues to recover steadily following some recent instability.
“We look forward to working collaboratively with both Jet Airways and Jet Lite over the coming years, and supporting their evolving distribution needs as modern airlines operating in a highly competitive environment.”
“We are pleased to extend our agreement with Travelport as they have consistently provided us with superior services and innovative technology to efficiently deliver Jet Airways Group’s offerings to travel agents globally,” said Sudheer Raghavan, chief commercial officer, Jet Airways. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand