Sabre to provide travel technology to Bahwan
Muscat, September 23, 2013
Bahwan Travel Group, a leading travel agency in Oman, has signed a deal with Sabre Travel Network Middle East, a travel technology company, to accelerate growth in the Sultanate.
The five-year exclusive agreement will see Bahwan switch to Sabre, where it will access the latest in technology solutions to help Oman’s rapidly-progressing online travel sector, said a statement.
The technology solutions include Sabre’s online booking engine, real-time data analysis tools that provide insights into corporate contracts, tools that automate ticketing, refunds and exchanges, and mid-office solutions.
The agency will also offer its corporate online booking tool, GetThere, to corporations in Oman.
Daniel Naoumovitch, CEO, Sabre, said: “Bahwan Travel Group has a strong vision for growth and they see technology playing a key role in this, as travellers’ expectations rise in line with technology trends like mobile, personalisation and big data. We are very excited about leveraging these trends to provide innovative products that help them unlock new opportunities to provide customer value.”
Shankar Bose, general manager of The Bahwan Travel Group, said: “Sabre is by far the most advanced technology provider in the industry. They have a superb understanding of technology trends like mobile, data, personalisation and social media, and how to turn these into world class products that help us grow our business, be more efficient, and add customer value.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks