Qatar Airways, American in key deal
Texas, September 23, 2013
Qatar Airways and American Airlines have strengthened their relationship with a reciprocal frequent flyer program agreement, providing customers more opportunities to earn and redeem miles when travelling across each airline's global network.
Beginning today, the members of American Airlines AAdvantage can earn and redeem AAdvantage miles and Qatar Privilege Club members can earn and redeem Qatar Qmiles when travelling on flights operated by the other carrier.
This agreement is in addition to the codeshare relationship the two carriers have in place, which includes joint marketing on 170 unique routes throughout the United States, Europe and the Middle East.
"For members of the AAdvantage program, the ability to earn and redeem miles on flights operated by American's partner airlines is one of the most important customer benefits the program offers," said Suzanne Rubin, American's president for AAdvantage Loyalty Program.
"This expansion of our relationship with Qatar is another example of how American is focused on strengthening its global network through building strategic partnerships with other airlines, all while meeting the needs of our most loyal customers," she stated.
"This agreement represents the natural evolution of Qatar Airways' strong codeshare relationship with American Airlines," remarked CEO Akbar Al Baker. "We are very pleased to begin this frequent flyer partnership and further enhance the travel experience for customers of both carriers," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Gulf Air launches flights to Sialkot
- Qatar Airways raises Colombo flight capacity
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years