St Regis hotel opens in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, September 23, 2013
Starwood Hotels & Resorts has announced the opening of The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, the brand’s second hotel in the UAE capital and third in the Middle East.
A part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts, the St. Regis made its debut in the Middle East in 2011 with The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, also located in Abu Dhabi, and opened The St. Regis Doha in Qatar last year.
St. Regis is all set to make its debut in Dubai and Amman in the next few years, said a statement from Starwood Hotels & Resorts.
The St. Regis Abu Dhabi features 283 sumptuously-appointed guest rooms, including 55 elegant suites, all offering panoramic waterfront views of the Arabian Gulf,
Designed by Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA) together with local designers, the hotel’s understated interiors were inspired by the region’s rich heritage and the St. Regis brand’s legacy: designed with the colours of the local sands, the traditional cuisine and souks in mind, HBA has imagined a luxurious setting in Abu Dhabi that is steeped in a sophisticated Art Deco past.
Having more than doubled its global footprint in the last five years to 31 hotels, St. Regis continues to reinforce its position as a leader in luxury hospitality, said a senior official.
“We are proud to be part of the continued development of Abu Dhabi’s travel and tourism sectors. Since Starwood opened its first hotel in the region more than 30 years ago, we remain committed to growing our presence and strengthening our luxury portfolio,” remarked Michael Wale, the president, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Europe, Africa and Middle East.
“With the opening of The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, we look forward to offering to global travellers and local residents the bespoke guest experiences and unparalleled luxury for which the St. Regis brand is renowned,” he stated.
Paul James, the global brand leader, St. Regis Hotels & Resorts, The Luxury Collection and W Hotels Worldwide, said: “We are thrilled to introduce the brand’s second St. Regis hotel to Abu Dhabi - a destination that St. Regis guests, a new generation of luxury travellers, have recognized as being at the crossroads of culture, business and leisure.”
The St. Regis Abu Dhabi boasts the world’s highest suspended hotel suite, the first Gary Rhodes’ restaurant in Abu Dhabi and the first Hommage Gentleman’s Grooming Atelier in the UAE.
The hotel, owned by International Capital Trading, is part of Nation Towers on the vibrant Corniche and offers bespoke luxury combining the brand’s unique legacy with contemporary Arabian hospitality.
It has over 32,200 sq ft of leisure facilities, including the indulgent Remede Spa for ladies, two outdoor swimming pools and the first Hommage Gentleman’s Grooming Atelier in the UAE. -TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador