Emirates wins top award for aviation
Dubai, September 25, 2013
Emirates, Dubai’s flagship airline, was named the Aviation Company of the Year at The Gulf Business Industry Awards 2013.
More than 300 guests attended the awards night to recognise the best companies and CEOs across nine industries.
The Gulf Business Industry Awards 2013 winners were voted on by a panel of independent, cross-industry judges.
Emirates also picked up the award for UAE Company of The Year, voted by readers of Gulf Business and gulfbusiness.com. Tim Clark, president, Emirates Airline, was present to receive both awards.
The award comes as Emirates embarks on another wave of route launch announcements, extending its network across six continents.
So far in 2013, Emirates has launched new routes to Warsaw, Algiers, Tokyo Haneda and Stockholm. In the coming weeks and months, flights will begin to Clark International in the Philippines, between Milan and New York, to Conakry in Guinea, Sialkot in Pakistan, Kabul, Kiev, Taipei and Boston.
Emirates’ fleet of modern aircraft has now grown to 205 including 37 of the popular Airbus A380s. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Emirates |
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc