Qatar Airways revamps loyalty programme
Manama, September 26, 2013
Qatar Airways has unveiled details of enhancements made to the airline's frequent flyer programme - Privilege Club, a report said.
Speaking about the loyalty programme, Qatar Airways chief executive Akbar Al Baker said customer loyalty is very important to the airline's growth strategy, according to the report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"Since Qatar Airways' Privilege Club loyalty programme launch in 2000, it has firmly established itself as one of the leading frequent flyer reward programmes in the industry, with benefits designed with the traveller in mind,” he said.
Some of the changes in Qatar Airways' Privilege Club programme include: introduction of the new platinum tier, the highest level in the programme; new reward benefit Qcredits, which will be awarded to gold and platinum members and can be redeemed for a selection of services; new tier qualification and renewal thresholds and enhanced member benefits.
By October 30, Qatar Airways will join the Oneworld alliance, by which Privilege Club members will enjoy added benefits on any Oneworld flight including earning Qmiles and Qpoints as well as redeeming Qmiles across the alliance.
Qatar Airways has seen rapid growth in just 16 years of operations, currently flying a modern fleet of 129 aircraft to 131 key business and leisure destinations across Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and the Americas.
This year Qatar Airways has launched seven destinations to date - Gassim (Saudi Arabia), Najaf (Iraq), Phnom Penh (Cambodia), Chicago (the US), Salalah (Oman), Basra (Iraq), Sulaymaniyah (Iraq), Chengdu (China) and most recently Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).
Over the next few weeks and months, the network will grow further with Ta'if, Saudi Arabia (October 2), Clark Manila International Airport, the Philippines (October 28) and Philadelphia, the US (April 2, 2014). – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall