Amadeus appoints new GM for Egypt
Cairo, October 1, 2013
Amadeus, a leading technology partner for the global travel industry, has appointed Khaled Gad Elmawla as its general manager in Egypt.
Elmawla has over 25 years of experience in the industry, gained with Amadeus’ strategic partner EgyptAir, said a statement.
In his role, Elmawla will spearhead the overall growth of Amadeus Egypt. He will look to further leverage Amadeus’ partnership with EgyptAir, strengthen relationships with leading agencies and enhance product delivery capabilities with a view to increasing the company’s foothold and reinforcing its position as a leading technology solutions provider in the market.
Antoine Medawar, vice president, Amadeus Mena, said: “Egypt is a critical focus area for Amadeus owing to its sheer size and strategic importance to the Middle East as a whole. Evidently, the market is witnessing significant changes, with trends such as online and mobile paving the way for the future of travel.
“We are confident that Khaled’s exhaustive knowledge of the industry gained through years of experience will support our overall objective to contribute to the growth of the Egyptian travel and tourism sector.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013