Gulf Air loyalty programme sees 1m members
Manama, October 4, 2013
One million members have signed up for Gulf Air's frequent flyer programme, FalconFlyer, a report said.
To mark the achievement, the airline yesterday awarded its first member with two complimentary Falcon Gold tickets to any destination on the airline's network at an event held at the airline's headquarters in Muharraq, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Bahraini Saleh Hussain, the first passenger to receive a distinctive falcon emblazoned card 19 years ago, has flown more than 1.5m miles with the national carrier and is now a gold member for life.
"It's our members, including Mr Hussain, that have made FalconFlyer what it is today; one of the leading frequent flyer programmes in the region and I would like to take this opportunity to thank him and our other 999,999 members as we celebrate this significant milestone," said Gulf Air acting chief executive Maher Salman Al Musallam.
FalconFlyer was launched in 1994 and revamped in 2011 with new innovative incentives and benefits including family memberships and special privileges on the ground and in the air. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand
- Emirates launches Kabul route
- Ayla appoints new HR director
- Cavotec to showcase new GSE at Kuwait forum
- Flynas to launch Madinah hub
- Kuwait Airways may issue bonds to fund Airbus deal
- Emirates launches longest A380 flight
- Abu Dhabi hotels see guest nights soar 26pc