BAC to take part in US aviation event
Manama, October 6, 2013
Bahrain Airport Company (BAC) is participating in a major aviation event in the US which is expected to attract about 3,000 delegates from over 80 countries.
The 19th World Route Development Forum and Exhibition 2013, which opened in Las Vegas, will run till October 8.
BAC’s delegation is aiming to promote the facilities and services available at the airport to the aviation industry and the network with decision-makers from key international airports and airline companies, said a statement.
Mohamed Yousif Al- Binfalah, chief executive officer, said: "We are heading steadily towards achieving our mission of elevating the airport’s infrastructure and maintaining its positioning as a regional aviation hub.”
Bahrain International Airport (BIA), established in the 1930s, was the first international airport to operate in the Arabia Gulf. It caters to 22 airlines flying to 38 destination worldwide and key international cargo carriers also operate from its premises.
“Since its’ inception in 1996, World Routes events have always been an ideal networking platform for the airports industry. We are looking forward to our participation in the event held in the US this year, and we are confident that our visit will lead to rewarding results for BAC and its partners at the BIA Promotional Group,” Al-Binfalah concluded. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai