Etihad to launch flights to Los Angeles
Abu Dhabi, October 8, 2013
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, is set to launch daily direct flights to Los Angles, California.
The service, subject to regulatory approvals, will commence on June 1, 2014, said a statement.
It will be the fourth US destination, joining Chicago, New York and Washington DC, and will see the airline provide 28 return flights each week between the UAE and US.
James Hogan, president and CEO, said: “We are delighted to add Los Angeles, a major destination with a significant metropolitan population and growing economy, to the Etihad Airways’ network in 2014. This expansion will see Etihad Airways offer air travelers daily flights, from our Abu Dhabi hub, to four destinations across the US.”
The new service will increase Etihad’s operations in the US market by 33 per cent and cater to growing leisure and business traffic demands in Los Angeles, as well as the considerable catchment area of the city, he said.
Etihad Airways and American Airlines have had an extensive code share agreement in place since September 2009, which will extend to cover the Los Angeles service, he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct