Hilton Garden Inn to open in Al Khobar
Dubai, October 10, 2013
Hilton Worldwide is set to debut its Hilton Garden Inn brand in Saudi Arabia, following the signing of a deal with local investor Ali Saad Bin Sultan & Brother Holding Group.
The agreement will see the opening of the 150-room Hilton Garden Inn Al Khobar in mid-2017.
The hotel will be located close to the city’s two largest shopping malls and will have easy access to King Fahd International Airport and to the King Fahd Causeway, a 26km road bridge connecting Saudi Arabia with Bahrain, said a statement.
Adrian Kurre, global head, Hilton Garden Inn, said: “We are pleased to add another impressive property to our hotel portfolio. Hilton Garden Inn has consistently set the guest standard in the mid-range sector and Saudi Arabia is proving particularly appreciative of our award winning combination of best-in-class customer service together with affordable comfort and convenience.”
The hotel will feature the pressure-reducing Garden Sleep System bed and an ergonomic Mirra chair by Herman Miller. It will also provide a range of amenities including a health club, an outdoor pool, a business centre, large multi-function room and meeting rooms.
Rudi Jagersbacher, president, Hilton Worldwide Middle East and Africa, said: “Al Khobar and the wider Dammam region in the Eastern Province is an exciting prospect for Hilton Worldwide. The region is enjoying rapid commercial and industrial expansion and if that trend is to continue then the demand for quality hotels will be key to the continued progress and prosperity of the city.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers