India’s Oberoi to manage Al Zorah resort
Dubai, October 29, 2013
Al Zorah Development Company, a joint venture between the Government of Ajman and Solidere International, has signed an agreement with India-based Oberoi Group to manage the first luxury resort within its flagship mixed-use development.
Marking the execution of the first phase of Al Zorah’s development, which is lined by 1.6 kilometre of beach frontage and bordered with mangroves, the agreement also marks the groundbreaking of the hospitality property in what is billed to be Ajman’s newest lifestyle destination.
The Oberoi Group’s subsidiary, Oberoi Hotels & Resorts will manage the world-class luxury resort, featuring 113 guestrooms and suites, many of which feature their own private pools. The hotel, spanning 100,000 sq m with 290 m of beachfront, offers pristine views of the Gulf.
The leisure hotel will be designed by Piero Lissoni, internationally renowned Italian architect and designer, known for his modern and contemporary style. Lissoni will work in partnership with the Norr Group to implement the design concept.
The modern and unique essence of the resort is represented by its immaculately landscaped gardens and water features, all of which create an elevated ambience of splendor. The guestrooms in the main building will open to exquisite views from large balconies and terraces. The two- and three-bedroom villas will have their own private swimming pools and gardens, exuding an exclusive experience.
The all-day dining restaurant and the beach restaurant provide the charm of rich fine dining experience, within an exquisite setting. The SPA experience is inspired from traditional fort style, presented in a contemporary and serene environment.
Upon completion, Al Zorah Resorts’ project is expected to become a premium tourism destination, located on the Northern Coast of the Emirate. The mixed-use development, located on a land area of 5.4 million sq m, is envisaged to become the ultimate hub for hospitality and leisure in the region. Six Construct, the main contractor for project, has commenced on-site construction and the project is scheduled for completion by summer 2015.
With over 15 years of experience in urban planning, and project consultancy and management, Solidere International, partly owned by Solidere, offers the full-spectrum of services including master-planning, financing, marketing, and management for developers and planners regionally and internationally. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas