Visitabudhabi launches iPhone app
Abu Dhabi, October 29, 2013
Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) has launched the emirate’s official destination iPhone app, an online and offline mobile guide on all there is to see and do in Abu Dhabi.
The new app, downloadable for free via Apple Store, is updated with information from the visitabudhabi.ae portal, making sure users have instant access to all that is new in the emirate, said a statement.
“This is yet another stage of our overall digital strategy,” said Mouza Al Shamsi, marketing director.
“It joins our dynamic destination website and established core social media channels in an expanding digital product line-up. Now we are going mobile – first with iPhone, and then, by the end of this year, the app will be available on all key platforms - iPad, Android and Windows Phone.”
“We hope users are happy with the app but we are going to consistently monitor and fine-tune it to provide the best destination service possible.”
Built as a visual trip planner, the app gives instant and structured information on all of the emirate’s attractions and experiences, highlights Abu Dhabi’s culture and heritage, provides full hotel listings and gives quick answers to most frequently-asked questions.
“Today, an increasing number of travellers check information on their mobile device – rather than on a computer or in a guide - it’s handy and it also gives visitors added options, which are platform-specific,” added Al Shamsi. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips