Travelport launches retail site
Dubai, November 19, 2013
Travelport, a leading distribution services and e-commerce provider for the global travel industry, has launched the beta version of Travelport Marketplace, an online retail site.
The site is designed for Travelport’s customers to browse, discover and access innovative products built both by Travelport and partner developers who are members of the Travelport Developer Network (TDN), said a statement.
“The Marketplace is part of the ongoing evolution of the Travelport Developer Network and the commitment we have to the third party developer community,” said Chris Zando, vice president, Global Partnerships, Alliances & Regional Product Management.
Travelport Marketplace provides TDN members with a marketplace to promote and sell their products and services to 67,000 Travelport-connected agencies globally. A key component of Travelport’s Open Platform strategy, Travelport Marketplace is designed to help developers build innovative products that work in harmony with Travelport technologies and add value to Travelport-connected travel agencies, it said.
“In the future, agencies will find not only companion apps for the company’s leading agency desktops: Travelport Smartpoint and Travelport Universal Desktop, but also a place to discover suitable partners for a broad range of agency IT tools designed to provide improved customer service and create new revenue streams – from internet booking engine providers to mobile app developers,” it said.
According to Phil Donathy, product director, Developer Tools, Travelport, “We want developers to know about Marketplace. We’re asking them to provide input and test-drive our platform. In line with our open ethos, we're sharing a live working product so the developer community can help shape the direction in advance of a commercial launch to Travelport agency customers in 2014.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental