Saturday 27 December 2014
 
»
 
»
CAUSEWAY TOURISTS HIT 8.8m

Bahrain visitor numbers top 10.8m this year

Manama, November 26, 2013

More than 10.8 million visitors have so far arrived in Bahrain this year, of whom 8.8 million crossed King Fahad Causeway and 1.9 million landed in Bahrain International Airport, a report said.

Interior Ministry Under-Secretary for Nationality, Passports and Residence Affairs (NPRA) Shaikh Rashid bin Khalifa Al Khalifa released the figures as he inspected the passports entry point at the airport, said the report in the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.

Shaikh Rashid was accompanied by assistant under-secretary for NPRA Shaikh Ahmed bin Isa Al Khalifa, assistant under-secretary for exits, search and follow-up Brigadier-General Yousif Ahmed Al Ghatam, general director for exits security Colonel Maher Ahmed Buali and NPRA director for exits Shawqi Mohammed Al Subai.

He met passport officers, stressing NPRA's efforts to streamline procedures and ease impediments which may hamper passengers and prevent them from entering Bahrain. He stressed the need to clarify streamlined procedures to businessmen, tourists and visitors, in compliance with legal and security measures.

He highlighted an initiative to enhance services by incorporating cutting-edge technology - citing the e-border system and e-visas. - TradeArabia News Service




Tags: Bahrain | visitors |

More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories

calendarCalendar of Events

Ads