Ahmed Al Shehhi
Etihad names new GM for Seychelles
Abu Dhabi, November 26, 2013
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has appointed Ahmed Ershood Al Shehhi as its new general manager in Seychelles.
Al Shehhi replaces Rashed Saif Al Shabi who has taken up the role of general manager in Cyprus.
His key responsibilities will include driving commercial results and further enhancing the strong relationships with the airline’s travel trade and corporate customers in Mahé. He will also work closely with international tourism partners in developing the leisure and business passenger traffic between the Seychelles and key destinations across Etihad Airways’ fast growing global network, in the Far East, Asia, Australia, America and Europe.
As part of Etihad Airways’ alliance with Air Seychelles, Al Shehhi will also support Air Seychelles’ service between Mahé and Abu Dhabi, ensuring that passengers travelling with either airline are provided with a seamless travel experience.
Al Shehhi, an Emirati national, joined Etihad Airways in 2008 under its Graduate Management Development Program. He initially worked in the airline’s office in Jakarta, where he gained strong industry experience in sales development, working closely with key industry partners.
Danny Barranger, vice president Global Sales, Etihad Airways, said: “Ahmed has extensive experience working in a commercial environment. He also understands the leisure market and has excellent contacts with local industry partners, making him the ideal candidate for this important position.”
Etihad Airways launched its service between Abu Dhabi and Mahé in the Seychelles in November 2011, and currently operates three flights a week with a two-class Airbus A320 aircraft configured to carry 16 guests in Pearl Business, and 120 guests in Coral Economy class. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard