Kuoni, Crescentrating to provide halal-friendly travel
Dubai, November 27, 2013
Kuoni Group Travel Experts, a leading group travel provider, has signed a partnership deal with Crescentrating, a leading authority on halal travel, to market halal friendly group travel arrangements.
Under the deal, Muslim families, leisure and MICE groups can enjoy better travel experiences around the world through a network of Crescentrating accredited travel agents in Asia.
The two companies will begin distributing their first brochure – aimed at businesses selling travel to Muslim clients – in Asia next month.
The partnership launched at the close of the Global Islamic Economy Summit in Dubai, which concluded yesterday (November 26) in Dubai, highlights the value of the global Islamic economy and latest trends within halal industries such as food, travel and lifestyle.
The world’s Muslim population is expected to increase by 35 per cent in the next 20 year, from a recorded 1.6 billion people in 2010. About 60 per cent of them live in the Asia-Pacific region, with Indonesia and India among nations with the largest Muslim populations.
China, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand also offer significant numbers of potential Muslim travellers.
Olivier Moeschler, senior vice president for Sales and Marketing Asia Pacific and the Americas, Kuoni, said: “We look forward to further expanding our range of halal friendly travel destinations, accommodation and experiences through this partnership. Last year, the number of room nights booked by group travellers out of Indonesia and India enjoyed double digit growth. Many of Asia’s businesses also rely on us to ensure the project management of meetings, incentives, congresses and events with large numbers of Muslim delegates who have specific halal or religious requirements.”
Dany Bolduc, chief operating officer for Crescentrating, said: “We are committed to establishing a leadership position in Muslim group travel, a huge and underserved market worth $130 billion in 2013. By combining our strengths and knowledge of this market, we can offer unique and curated group travel packages that are tailor-made for Muslim travellers, attentively managed by Crescentrated accredited travel agents.”
Crescentrating allows hotels and service providers to be rated based on the services and facilities that they provide for the needs of halal-conscious travellers. Their rating system is separated into areas such as halal food and Salaath (prayer) facilities, services during Ramadan and the level of non-halal activities in the hotel. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth