Katara Hospitality wins top award
Doha, December 2, 2013
Qatar-based Katara Hospitality won top honours at the 2013 World Travel Awards (WTA) held in Doha recently.
It beat stiff competition from global hotel companies to clinch the 'World’s Leading Hospitality Company’ award, said a senior executive.
“We are pleased and humbled to win this award. Pleased, as it is a public recognition of the strides we are taking towards our goal of being the leading global player in hospitality and humbled, as the list of nominees provides a roll-call of the industry’s strongest companies," said Sheikh Nawaf Bin Jassim Bin Jabour Al-Thani, chairman.
The Katara group has 23 properties in operation or under development, with more than 5,500 rooms. Operational hotels include properties in Singapore, Paris and Doha, while it has projects under development in locations including Italy, Switzerland, Morocco, the Comoros and the Maldives.
Hamad Abdulla Al Mulla, the chief executive officer received the award.
The WTA aim to recognise the leading travel, tourism and hospitality organisations in the world, mainly those companies which push the boundaries of excellence in product and service and create ground-breaking ideas. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers