Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
Kuwait, December 8, 2013
Jazeera Airways, a Kuwait-based low cost carrier, has been ranked number one for its on-time performance of 94.55 per cent in the Middle East during October by FlightStats, a leading OTP tracker.
The Operational Performance Report showed a five per cent increase in total flown passengers from October last year, driven by a rise in flown passengers to Dubai, Beirut, Amman and Bahrain.
The airline recorded a 47 per cent rise in flown passengers on the Kuwait-Beirut route during October, compared to last year, grabbing 40 per cent of the route’s market share.
The report also showed that Jazeera was the leading airline serving the Kuwait-Amman route during that month with a 41 per cent market share, having increased passengers flown by 38 per cent.
On the Kuwait-Dubai route, Jazeera saw a 4 per cent increase in flown passengers from October last year, grabbing 13 per cent of the market share in October, said the Kuwaiti airline in its report.
The airline also led in serving the Egyptian cities of Sharm El Sheikh with a 45 per cent market share, Luxor with a 71 per cent market share and Sohag, with a 42 per cent market share, it stated.
According to Jazeera, its market share on the Kuwait-Cairo route rose to 24 per cent, while its share in the Kuwait-Alexandria route hit 17 per cent and 48 per cent on the Kuwait-Assiut route.
The airline’s market share increased on the Kuwait-Jeddah route by five percent, grabbing a 13 per cent market share, while the Kuwait-Riyadh route’s market share was 11 per cent. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi MICE sector ‘growth to continue’
- Etihad appoints senior VP sales
- Air Arabia to distribute 7.25pc cash dividends
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog