Gulf Air officials celebrate the launch of the new route at Bahrain
International Airport on Sunday.
Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
Manama, December 8, 2013
Gulf Air, Bahrain’s national carrier, has launched its first flight to the new Al Maktoum International Airport at Dubai World Central (DWC), becoming the first full service carrier to commence operations to the new airport.
Flight GF578 took off from Bahrain International Airport at 0930 landing in Al Maktoum International Airport at 1145, carrying Gulf Air delegations and members of the media from the Middle East.
“We are delighted to be strengthening Gulf Air’s Middle East network, which remains one of the largest to date. Adding Al Maktoum International Airport to our route network supplements the airline’s offering, increasing passenger convenience – which is our ultimate goal,” Captain Nasser Al Salmi, chief operations officer said at the event.
Gulf Air’s new daily evening service will attract those travellers who value the new airport’s convenience and proximity to new Dubai. The airport is located close to the holiday, residential and business developments of Arabian Ranches, Dubai Marina, Dubai Media City and Palm Jumeirah, making it an attractive, alternative, time-saving travel proposition for passengers located in or travelling to these areas.
Furthermore, the addition of Al Maktoum International provides passengers with greater travel options and seamless connections through Bahrain to over 30 destinations, maximizing passenger convenience.
The new service is an addition to the airline’s current operation of 51 flights per week (seven daily flights on Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri and eight daily flights on Thur and Sat) into Dubai International.
Gulf Air will be operating its new A320 aircraft on all of it its flights between Bahrain International Airport and Al Maktoum International. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador