New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
Dubai, December 12, 2013
Leading hospitality company InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has opened the new Holiday Inn hotel in Mauritius, its second property in the country.
The hotel is located just 700 m from the new SSR International Airport and 45 km from the capital, said the IHG in a statement.
The 140-room hotel is surrounded by gardens carefully landscaped to preserve the natural botanic diversity, it said.
The names of the hotel’s food and beverage outlets pay tribute to the proximity to the country’s airport and the history of air trips and travel in Mauritius: its all-day dining restaurant, ‘1933,’ is named after the year the first international flight was made from the island and ‘Piper Navajo,’ its bar lounge, is named after the first type of plane used to link Mauritius island to Rodrigues island in 1972.
The new hotel will also cater to the country’s growing business travel community with 450 sq m of meeting space, including a boardroom and four meeting rooms. It also features gym and spa facilities.
Jean-Eric Sirop, general manager, said: “The combination of the building and ground’s unique character, with its prime location close to both the airport and Mauritius’ beautiful beaches, will make this a popular hotel for business and leisure guests.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad appoints senior VP sales
- Air Arabia to distribute 7.25pc cash dividends
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued