Etihad finance head wins top award
Abu Dhabi, December 12, 2013
UAE’s national carrier Etihad Airways’ James Rigney was named the ‘Middle East Chief Financial Officer of the Year’ by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW).
The award is open to finance professionals who have consistently complemented and supported the CEO’s and board’s vision and strategy, contributed to financial growth during the year and shown commitment to increasing shareholder value, said ICAEW in a statement.
Rigney’s accolade was revealed at the ICAEW’s ‘Middle East Accountancy and Finance Excellence Awards,’ held at the Ritz Carlton in Abu Dhabi recently.
ICAEW is a leading professional membership organisation that promotes, develops and supports over 140,000 chartered accountants worldwide. It provides qualifications and professional development, shares knowledge, insight and technical expertise, and protects the quality and integrity of the profession.
Commenting on the win, Etihad President and CEO James Hogan, said: “This is outstanding recognition of the work of James Rigney, his team at Etihad Airways, the Abu Dhabi Accountability Authority, and many others.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers