Gulf Air launches flights to Sialkot
Manama, December 13, 2013
Gulf Air, Bahrain’s national carrier, has announced that it will start services to its fifth destination in Pakistan – Sialkot, from January 17, with two flights per week.
Operations to Sialkot International Airport, located around 125km north of Lahore, will provide Gulf Air’s customers, travelling to the Export Triangle of Pakistan – the area encompassing Gujarat, Sialkot and Gujranwala where approximately 60 per cent of Pakistan's SME's are located, with an alternative travel proposition.
“Pakistan is a key longstanding market for Gulf Air and is one of our most successful destinations,” said Ahmed Janahi, Gulf Air’s acting chief commercial officer.
“The recent 30 per cent frequency increase in our flights to Pakistan, spread across our network in the country - Karachi, Islamabad, Lahore and Peshawar - has been positively received by our passengers, as reflected by strong bookings. Therefore, the decision was taken to further strengthen our operations to the country by the addition of a fifth destination – Sialkot.”
Gulf Air will operate flights to Sialkot on Tuesdays and Fridays with an Airbus A320 aircraft that offers 16 Falcon Gold class seats and 120 in economy.
“The airline remains committed to proactively leveraging opportunities to strengthen its network through identifying niche opportunities,” Janahi said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall