Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
Riyadh, December 18, 2013
Air France celebrated its 30 years of services to Saudi Arabia with a commemorative flight to King Khalid International Airport which was greeted with a water-cannon salute.
The carrier also hosted a private VIP reception at the official residence of the French Ambassador to Saudi Arabia, in Riyadh.
The event, held under the patronage of Bertrand Besancenot, Ambassador of France to Saudi Arabia, was attended by Tjalling Smit, Air France -KLM senior vice president, Middle East, Gulf and India and several other senior officials.
Air France presently operates with Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia) eight weekly flights to and from the Riyadh airport. It now plans to boost its flight schedule, to connect passengers to Paris and into the airline’s extensive global network, said a statement from the carrier.
Air France-KLM, with JV partner Alitalia, is the only Western airline group to operate under an extensive code share agreement with Saudia, creating access to largest network of routes and destinations across Saudi Arabia, France and Europe, it said.
This follows a strengthening of the code share agreement, covering Paris-Riyadh and Paris-Jeddah routes, between Air France and Saudia in September. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall