UAE to boost Burkina Faso aviation ties
Abu Dhabi, December 22, 2013
UAE’s General Civil Aviation Authority welcomed a high-level delegation from Burkina Faso led by Abel Sawadogo, the director general of its National Agency for Civil Aviation, to discuss best practices, modernisation and development of the sector in the UAE.
The discussion between Saif Mohamed Al Suwaidi, director general of GCAA and Sawadogo centered on closer co-operation between the authorities, said a statement.
It included viewing implementation of regulation system, granting training programmes, exchanging experience and the continuous challenges in the aviation business worldwide.
The visitors also witnessed live operations and were briefed on the technology being used at the GCAA at all its sectors.
Al Suwaidi briefed the delegation on the UAE Strategic Plan, the development of its aviation sector and expansions in its airports, the aviation safety and the regulatory model implemented in the GCAA, the GCAA initiatives to optimise the UAE airspace to provide greater flight efficiency for the continuous traffic growth as well as UAE initiative for enhancing foreign operators safety standards by introducing the latest international safety measures and the air traffic management. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers