NZ travel group, Qantas woo Gulf super-rich
Dubai, December 24, 2013
New Zealand-based Exclusive Travel Group has signed an agreement of co-operation with Qantas to help promote luxury travel among the high net worth individuals in the GCC region outbound to New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific.
The agreement comes four months after The Exclusive Travel Group expanded to the GCC, said a company statement.
Qantas, alongwith new partner Emirates, offers more flights to New Zealand than any other GCC carrier. Together they provide an extensive network of international and domestic flights both to and within the Australasian region and operate over 130 services per week from Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington and Queenstown to Australian east coast cities from more than 65 destinations in the Mena and Europe.
Commenting on new deal, Qantas regional general manager (Mena) Rohan Garnett said: "Luxury travel is a growing sector in the GCC and our agreement with The Exclusive Travel Group is testament to this."
"On board our flights, travellers can experience luxury from the word go with our award winning First and Business offerings which include menus designed by Qantas consulting chef Neil Perry, fully-flat Skybeds and designer amenity kits," he stated.
The Exclusive Travel Group is an inbound destination-management company designing bespoke and personalised travel experiences to New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific.
From simple to sophisticated, understated to indulgent, or relaxing to thrill-seeking, The Exclusive Travel Group’s itineraries are as individual as the travellers who book them, said a senior official.
“New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific remain unchartered territories for many discerning travellers from the GCC. Together with Qantas, and its extensive route path, we look forward to introducing visitors from the region to a new class of luxury travel,” remarked Rob Young, the group's founder & managing director.
Headquartered in New Zealand with an office in Australia and sales representatives in the GCC, Russia, UK and North America, The Exclusive Travel Group crafts ultra-luxury travel experiences across three categories - leisure, corporate and VIP, offering a collection of experiences to suit every taste.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental