Waldorf Astoria opens 2nd hotel in UAE
Dubai, January 8, 2014
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Worldwide’s luxury brand, has opened the 319-room Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah, marking its second venture in the UAE after Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah.
“Waldorf Astoria’s celebrated lineage combined with the brand’s definition of luxury is enjoyed by discerning global luxury travellers worldwide,” said John T A Vanderslice, global head of luxury and lifestyle brands, Hilton Worldwide.
“The increasing number of international arrivals into Dubai and the growing aspiration of visitors to explore the Emirate’s iconic island have created a demand which we can readily satisfy with the opening of Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah.”
Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah also offers the True Waldorf Service – a service initiative that assigns a personal concierge to each qualified guest who acts as their primary contact, before, during and after a stay.
Positioned on the East Crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah offers a selection of six restaurants and bars offering the finest cuisine and drinks including a jewel in the culinary crown, the New York inspired Social by Heinz Beck, a fashionably stylish eatery by multi-award winning master of gastronomy, European chef and author Heinz Beck.
The hotel also features other mouth-watering options such as Lao, bringing innovative, stylish south-east Asian contemporary dining; Mezzerie, locally-inspired arabesque dining at its most luxurious; Palm Avenue, a chic oasis in the heart of the hotel’s elegant gardens and Serafina, an authentic and refined Venetian offering.
The centrepiece of the hotel is Peacock Alley, named after the famous high-society promenade lounge which connected the original Waldorf and Astoria hotels in New York and was known as a place to see and be seen. Also drawing on the illustrious Waldorf Astoria heritage is the addition of a stunning lobby clock.
Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah boasts an abundance of recreational facilities including tennis and a full range of water sports. The hotel offers a 200 meter private beach of ivory sand and two temperature-controlled outdoor pools.
A luxurious Waldorf Astoria Spa will offer treatments that blend traditional philosophies with signature techniques.
Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah offers a setting for meetings, launches and grand celebrations. Key features include eight naturally-lit meeting spaces and a 600-capacity, multi-purpose ballroom.
Rudi Jagersbacher, president, Hilton Worldwide Middle East and Africa, said: “There has been tremendous anticipation ahead of the opening of Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah and I am delighted Hilton Worldwide’s celebrated luxury brand has now opened at one of the world’s most imaginative and unique destinations.
“The introduction of a Waldorf Astoria hotel to the Palm Jumeirah will enhance Dubai’s growing status as a vibrant, cosmopolitan city and further strengthen the city’s luxury credentials on the global stage.”
“Waldorf Astoria’s iconic magnificence represented in Dubai Palm Jumeirah makes for a stunning alliance in a city which prides itself on luxury,” said Jan Moenkedieck, general manager, Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely