British week festivities go on at The Doman Bahrain
Manama, January 19, 2014
An event celebrating the Great British Week was held yesterday at one of Bahrain's top hotels.
High tea was served at Figs and Olives restaurant in The Domain in the Diplomatic Area. The menu included classic scones, gourmet sandwiches, puddings, rich trifles and a large variety of tea and coffee, said a report in the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.
The restaurant is serving a special menu throughout the week, which includes favourites like smoked mackerel, fish and chips and Eton mess.
Meanwhile, LuLu Hypermarket is showcasing some of the best that Britain has to offer as part of the British Week festivities from Monday.
British Ambassador Iain Lindsay will open the "Best of British" festival, exhibiting everything from food to household items, at the Hidd outlet.
The inaugural event will also offer a glimpse of quintessential British culture, with a concert of popular British tunes by professional local singers, a student theatre enactment of a Shakespearean scene and music by students of the British School of Bahrain and a performance by the Royal Marine Band.
A Mini Cooper car will be on display at the event.
Many British products will be specially flown in for this promotion. In the food section, there will be special emphasis on fresh British meat, fish, cheeses, bread, fruit and vegetables. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares