Emirates Yoo to expand portfolio
Dubai, 27 days ago
Emirates Yoo (www.emiratesyoo.com), the first interactive online travel resource by Kuoni Group, has quadrupled its inventory offering and is now looking to add flights and car rentals to its portfolio in the coming months.
In addition, the company is developing a mobile / tablet app for customers to download and easily book / manage their holidays that will be launched next month, said a statement.
The site was launched in May 2013.
Girma Wossenseged, managing director and the architect behind the innovative tool, said: "Emirates Yoo is an online booking website for the UAE and literally puts the emirates at your fingertips. At the moment, we offer 244 hotels, tours and activities, packaged holidays and airport to hotel transfers. We expanded our inventory by tapping into different distribution channels.
“Most importantly it allows travellers to get inside scoop about local attractions, hotels, shops, restaurants, last-minute deals and promotions from a team of gurus collectively called 'local experts'. They enjoy sharing their experiences through their blogs as they go around exploring and discovering those hidden treasures".
Being a true hotelier with over 25 years of experience, Girma specialises in e-commerce and has positioned many branded and independent hotels.
Between May and July 2013 Emirates Yoo saw an increase of over 100 per cent in hotel bookings. Girma stressed: "Since the launch, our daily unique visitors have increased by 200 per cent. The site's current top excursion is Burj Khalifa. Extremely popular are also Dubai stopover packages." – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely