Emirates plane in smoke incident
Melbourne, 24 days ago
An Emirates airline plane landed at Australia's Melbourne Airport this morning with smoke coming from the plane, a report said.
The Flight EK406 came from Dubai, said Herald Sun News report. All passengers are safe.
Melbourne Airport spokeswoman Anna Gillett was quoted in the report as saying firefighters were scrambled to the plane as a precaution.
An Emirates spokeswoman said the smoke was caused by a tyre making contact with the runway. “As a precautionary measure, Emirates held the aircraft at the end of the runway and dispatched engineers to inspect the aircraft,” she said in the report.
“The aircraft was thoroughly checked and cleared to taxi to terminal and has departed on its next route to Auckland,” she said.
“All passengers were taken off the plane safely and the plane was later towed into a landing bay,” she said.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental