FRHI plans 7 new hotels in MEA, India
Dubai, May 6, 2014
FRHI Hotels & Resorts (FRHI), a leader in hotel management that operates luxury and upscale hotel brands such as Raffles, Fairmont and Swissôtel, has announced the development of seven new hotels in the Middle East, Africa and India (MEAI) region.
The addition of these new hotels is an important step towards FRHI’s goal of doubling its regional footprint by 2020, a statement said.
Currently, FRHI has 19 existing hotels in the MEAI region. The new developments are set to open in key strategic markets, including Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt and Nigeria.
“Our newly announced projects represent significant growth for FRHI and support our global expansion strategy of growing by 50% over the next five years.” stated Michael Glennie, FRHI’s president & chief operating officer announcing the launch of new hotels at the ongoing Arabian Travel Market (ATM) in Dubai.
"Increasing the footprint of our leading hotel brands, as well as the continued expansion of our residential business across the MEAI region is critical to our success. We look forward to successfully opening these new hotels and to exploring future development opportunities throughout the region.”
The seven new hotel developments will complement an existing presence in Makkah (the iconic Makkah Clock Royal Tower, Raffles Makkah Palace, and the Swissôtel Makkah), as well as the Fairmont Riyadh, Business Gate, set to open in late 2014.
The new plans include:
• Raffles Jeddah –The luxury hotel will feature 180 guestrooms and 188 branded residences. The property will offer special wedding suites for newlyweds, as well as a great number of recreational options such as a library, penthouse-level entertainment suite, and a 1,200 sq m spa and fitness club featuring an indoor ladies-only pool.
• Swissôtel Jeddah – Located in the bustling Palestine Road, the hotel will have 350 guestrooms, executive rooms and suites, a unique variety of innovative and trendy dining options, 2,500 sq m of conference space.
• Swissôtel Jaddaf –The property will feature 276 guestrooms and suites, 1,600 sq m of ultra-contemporary meeting and conference space and a Pürovel Spa & Sport.
• Fairmont Citystars Sharm el Sheikh – Part of the first phase, including extensive retail, residential apartments and the largest Crystal Lagoon in the world. The Fairmont is scheduled to open in 2015, includes a Fairmont hotel and residential development with 457 guestrooms and 232 residences.
• Swissôtel Citystars Sharm el Sheikh -- The project’s second phase includes the first Swissôtel in Egypt with 400 guestrooms and suites overlooking the Crystal Lagoon alongside retail space and 400 residences due to open in 2016.
• Raffles Citystars Sharm el Sheikh – A luxury offering of 250 guestrooms and 50 residential villas facing a private lagoon, the hotel will boast a 2,500 sq m banquet and conference island, retail souks, a “La Croisette” leisure and retail promenade, and a Colin Montgomery 18-hole championship golf course.
• Fairmont Lagos – Featuring 220 guestrooms and suites, 50 residences, a Fairmont Gold lounge and an art gallery, the property will showcase a diversity of handmade arts and crafts. A 3,800 sq m meeting and conference area will cater to the needs of the business community, while a 1,800 sq m Willow Stream Spa will offer treatment options.
“This is the first of what we hope will be many exciting announcements for FRHI in the year ahead, as we continue to focus on opening new luxury hotels and growing our brands in key strategic markets,” Glennie concluded. – TradeArabia News Service