Raffles to open in Istanbul on Sept 1
Istanbul, August 26, 2014
Raffles Hotels & Resorts, an award-winning luxury international hotel company, will open its new hotel in Istanbul on September 1.
Overlooking the Bosphorus, the Prince Islands and the historic peninsula, Raffles is an exhilarating fusion of virtuoso architecture, dazzling interiors, inspired food and deep luxury, a statement said.
The rich heritage of Turkey is reflected in the light and airy interiors designed by Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA). Utterly contemporary, full of texture and distinctly Turkish, the hotel is embellished with a gorgeous collection of specially-commissioned artworks by Turkish artists and others inspired by the city, it said.
Raffles Istanbul offers its guests 132 guestrooms and 49 suites – all spacious and filled with light, blending Turkish and contemporary design and offering everything the modern traveller demands.
Floor to ceiling windows lead to furnished private terraces and balconies, facing the Bosphorus and the city, the statement said.
Two restaurants, two bars and lounges and a patisserie offer a culinary theatre of possibility, day and night:
- Arola, where the Michelin-starred Spanish chef Sergi Arola gives classic Catalan dishes a modern spin. This is social food from a sharing culture, the menu offers picas, or small dishes, as well as mains and delicious desserts.
- At Rocca, Turkish and Mediterranean food is the order of the day, all day.
- In the striking Lobby, Lavinia is the place to be seen. The lounge is named after Martin Dawe’s dramatic monumental bronze ‘Lavinia’, a focal point for the lobby, and a homage to the poem by the famous Turkish poet, Ozdemir Asaf.
- The artisan patisserie offers a range of tempting Turkish cakes and other delights.
- The Pool Bar & Grill on the 6th floor is a stylish spot for soaking up the rays by day or chilling out to the DJ by night, all with eye-popping views over the city.
- The Writer’s Bar is the place for some time out - and the Long Bar travels from Singapore with a glamorous twist - and its own champagne room.
With nine treatment rooms and suites and a choice of pools, saunas, steam rooms and hammams, Raffles Spa is set to be one of the most comprehensive in Istanbul. Gazelli Skincare and Organic Pharmacy offer a menu of treatments, with a signature rose, honey and sugar hammam experience from the latter, it said.
Raffles Istanbul also offers a choice of contemporary spaces for private and business events, backed up by the latest technology, experienced service and support.
Raffles also offers the helipad, for an easy arrival and a fast get away, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service