Officials at the inauguration ceremony
Cyprus visa application centre launched in Abu Dhabi
ABU DHABI, April 7, 2016
Residents in the UAE can now apply for visas to Cyprus at a new visa application centre launched in Abu Dhabi.
The centre was inaugurated by Vasilis Polemitis, ambassador of the Republic of Cyprus to the UAE, yesterday (April 6).
Abu Dhabi is the second city in the UAE, after Dubai, from where applicants can apply for a visa to Cyprus.
Both centres serve the growing needs of outbound travellers from the UAE. With Cyprus emerging as a popular travel destination, applicants will find the modern and professionally-staffed centres that have been set up in prime locations, as an added convenience when applying for their Cyprus visas.
The new centre in Abu Dhabi is located at the Joint Visa Application Centre, Level 25, Shining Tower, King Khalid Bin Abdel Aziz, 26th Street, Abu Dhabi.
Speaking about the launch, Polemitis said: “This new visa application centre in Abu Dhabi will offer another service option to travellers in the UAE, in addition to our visa application centre in Dubai. Our aim is to offer a substantially better service-level for Cyprus visa applicants throughout the UAE, by offering increased accessibility and shorter handling times. We are hopeful that extending this service to Abu Dhabi, a crucial economic and travel hub, will further increase our exchange with this very important country”.
VFS Global offers visa services for 24 client governments in the UAE, since commencing operations in the country in 2004. VFS Global currently serves the Government of the Republic of Cyprus in 4 countries from 17 visa application centres globally.
Srinarayan Sankaran, COO – Middle East, VFS Global, added: “We are honoured to partner with the Government of the Republic of Cyprus to set up these centres that are aimed at providing added convenience and accessibility to UAE residents applying for a visa to Cyprus. We are confident these centres will help us achieve our common goal of making the visa procedure convenient and smooth, and will significantly contribute to the advancement of travel between Cyprus and the UAE.”
The key features of the centre include:
• Convenient and centrally-accessed location;
• Professional staff with local language capability to handle queries and applications;
• Well-appointed centre for enhanced comfort of applicants;
• Automated queue governance for smooth flow of applicants;
• Dedicated website for easy access to information including visa categories, requirements, check-list and applicable fees;
• 100 per cent secure handling of passports, documents and personal information
• Door-step delivery of passports;
• Premium Lounge for personalised and comfortable service. - TradeArabia News Service