The value of exports of Bahrain’s national origin increased by 29% to BD198 million ($522 million) during October, compared to BD154 million for the same month of the previous year, a report said.
The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 79% of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 21%, added the Information &eGovernment Authority (iGA) in its foreign trade report of October2020.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD47 million from Bahrain. Meanwhile, Malaysia was second with BD20 million and Egypt third with BD19 million.
Unwrought aluminium (not alloyed) emerged as the top products exported duringOctober2020 with BD33 million, Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates alloyed was second with a value of BD29 million and Unwrought aluminium alloys third with BD25 million.
The total value of re-exports decreased by 24% to reach BD57 million during October2020, compared toBD74 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 84% of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 16%. The United Arab Emirate ranked first with BD16 million Kingdom of Saudi Arabia second with BD15 million, and the India third with BD5 million.
Four-wheel drive cars was the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD9 million, Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates came in second place with BD5 million, and parts for airplanes came thirdwithBD4 million.
The trade balance, difference between exports and imports, the value of the deficit of the trade balance reached BD111 million during October versus BD197 million for the same month of the previous year with decrease of 44%.
The value of imports decreased by 14%, reaching BD365 million during October2020compared to BD425 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 68% of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 32%.
According to the report, China ranked first when it came to imports to Bahrain, with a total ofBD52 million, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was second with BD29.2 million; and the United States of America was third with BD28.9 million.
Aluminium oxide merged as the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value ofBD29 million, while non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates was second withBD22 million, and four-wheel drive cars third with BD18 million. – TradeArabia News Service