NBAD IP transformation onstream
Abu Dhabi, November 27, 2007
The first phase of the IP-transformation has been completed at National Bank Abu Dhabi (NBAD) by Orange Business Services.
The phase one of the Orange network solution will support the NBAD with its plans to centralise its applications and inter-connect its sites in the UAE, Egypt, Kuwait and Oman, while the phase two, due for completion this month, will link other sites across the GCC with the sites in France and the UK, a statement said.
“It has been our strategy as a leading bank to centralise our IT operation as much as possible for ease of support and consolidation and NBAD is pleased to be working with Orange in order to achieve that goal. This means that we can focus on our core businesses and concentrate on our customer needs globally instead of being diverted by technology,” said Srood Sherif, CIO, NBAD. -TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson