Taib Bank acquires Turkish firm
Manama, June 10, 2008
Taib Bank, private bank based in Bahrain, has made an important strategic acquisition in Turkey, one of its key focus markets.
Taib Yatirim, the brokerage subsidiary of Taib's Istanbul-based unit, has completed the acquisition of PDF Kurumsal Finansman Danismanlik Hizmetleri in a cash and share transaction with PDF's founding partners and shareholders.
PDF is an Istanbul-based corporate finance advisory firm renowned for its Turkish market leadership in merger and acquisition activity, advisory services, tender offers, distressed debt management, privatisations and project financing.
'We are proud to have the PDF team join us to create the strongest corporate finance offering in Turkey,' said Taib Bank chief executive officer Iqbal G Mamdani.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3