Taib Bank acquires Turkish firm
Manama, June 10, 2008
Taib Bank, private bank based in Bahrain, has made an important strategic acquisition in Turkey, one of its key focus markets.
Taib Yatirim, the brokerage subsidiary of Taib's Istanbul-based unit, has completed the acquisition of PDF Kurumsal Finansman Danismanlik Hizmetleri in a cash and share transaction with PDF's founding partners and shareholders.
PDF is an Istanbul-based corporate finance advisory firm renowned for its Turkish market leadership in merger and acquisition activity, advisory services, tender offers, distressed debt management, privatisations and project financing.
'We are proud to have the PDF team join us to create the strongest corporate finance offering in Turkey,' said Taib Bank chief executive officer Iqbal G Mamdani.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- UAE April inflation eases to 0.9pc y/y
- IDB picks banks for $500m sukuk sale
- BLME eyes 15pc asset growth, stronger Gulf ties
- Bahrain MPs veto national budget
- Bahrain needs to cut public debt urgently: IMF
- DIB ratings receives Moody’s affirmation
- Pinebridge names CIO for Mena, Turkey
- Regulation ‘biggest challenge for CFOs’
- ENBD plans bond sale to boost capital