Al Salam, Nordbank in Islamic finance JV
Dubai, November 30, 2008
Dubai-based Al Salam Investment and HSH Nordbank plan to launch an Islamic finance house in 2009, as the German bank looks to tap the Islamic finance sector in the Gulf Arab region.
"We see opportunity and change in this region and this partnership will ensure we have the financial muscle and expertise to be at the forefront of the turnaround," said Pegman Haghshenas, chief executive of Al Salam Investment, in a statement on Sunday.
No details on the value of the joint venture were given.
The company will likely register on the Dubai International Financial Centre, Haghshenas said.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson