BLME launches private banking business
London, January 27, 2009
Bank of London and the Middle East (BLME), the UK Sharia’a compliant wholesale bank, has confirmed that it will be extending its wealth management division with the launch of a fully Sharia’a compliant private banking business.
BLME Private Banking will provide Islamic finance solutions to assist high net-worth individuals, entrepreneurs and their corporations in the UK, Europe and Middle East with their banking and investment management requirements, said an official spokesman.
Leading the launch will be the newly appointed head of private banking Adrian Gayler, who joins BLME from Merrill Lynch International Bank Limited. Gayler will be based in BLME’s new private banking offices in Mayfair, London, along with the already established specialist wealth management team
"We have devoted the past two years to developing robust foundations for BLME’s business and we are now in a prime position to capitalise on the demand we have seen for a dedicated Sharia’a compliant wealth management offering, with the launch of our private banking business,” said CEO at BLME Humphrey Percy.
“BLME has established a strong reputation as a quality provider of Islamic financing solutions, securing its position as the largest, independent UK based Islamic wholesale bank just over 18 months since launch. I am looking forward to building on this success and developing the private banking business, based upon traditional values of client service, as the cornerstone of BLME’s wealth management proposition,” said Gayler. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'
- Qatar Exchange to start trading govt bonds
- NBK opens new branch in UAE
- Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm
- Tunisia to spend over $1bn to recapitalise banks
- UAE revives proposal to merge stock exchanges
- Saudi non oil exports hit $4.74bn in April
- Global Takaful market to hit $20bn
- NBAD launches new Dubai branch