Burgan Bank deploys HP network solutions
Kuwait City, March 17, 2010
Burgan Bank, a subsidiary of Kipco (Kuwait Projects Company), has partnered with HP ProCurve to further enhance its IT infrastructure and support its business expansion plans for 2010.
The bank wanted to enhance its network infrastructure to support a higher and increasing number of users. It also wanted to reduce its downtime, network restrictions and server connection capabilities and provide employees and customers more enhanced facilities and access to services on a 24/7 basis.
“One of the key benefits of partnering with HP was its IEEE standards, round-the-clock customer support, an open standard platform which offers us the flexibility to work with other technology and the smooth, seamless migration process which ensured that no data or time was lost during the change,' said Ivan Jensen, chief IT officer, Burgan Bank.
An extensive portfolio of HP networking solutions, namely, HP ProCurve Switch 4200 series, HP ProCurve Switch 5400 series, HP ProCurve Switch 8200 series and ProCurve High- performance LAN networking solutions were implemented.
“Since introducing the new solutions, there is less network maintenance and higher productivity. This means that the Bank’s IT team can now attend to other IT-related concerns without worrying about the network connections,” added Alaa Al Shimy, general manager, HP ProCurve, Middle East.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey