Aabar to discuss delisting with shareholders
Dubai, June 26, 2010
Abu Dhabi-based Aabar Investments, the largest investor in German carmaker Daimler, has called a shareholders meeting to discuss delisting the company to boost flexibility.
Aabar said its board decided to seek regulatory approval for the extraordinary general assembly to convert the world’s only listed sovereign wealth fund into a joint stock company and delist it from the Abu Dhabi bourse.
Aabar had already made investors nervous this week with plans to go private, according to a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson