CBK posts 91pc drop in Q2 profit
Kuwait, August 3, 2011
Commercial Bank of Kuwait (CBK) reported a 91 per cent drop in the second-quarter net profit on Wednesday.
Net profit in the three months to June 30 was KD198,000 ($724,478), compared to KD2.3 million in the same period last year, the lender said in a statement.
Net income in the first half of the year was KD1.5 million compared with KD890,000 a year ago. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson