CBK posts 91pc drop in Q2 profit
Kuwait, August 3, 2011
Commercial Bank of Kuwait (CBK) reported a 91 per cent drop in the second-quarter net profit on Wednesday.
Net profit in the three months to June 30 was KD198,000 ($724,478), compared to KD2.3 million in the same period last year, the lender said in a statement.
Net income in the first half of the year was KD1.5 million compared with KD890,000 a year ago. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Nexus launches Kuwait operations
- Tunisia may delay sukuk issue to next year
- Al Baraka Turk planning $200m sukuk
- Kuwait April inflation climbs to 2.8pc y/y
- Bahrain Islamic Bank names new chairman
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'
- Qatar Exchange to start trading govt bonds
- NBK opens new branch in UAE
- Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm