ENBD, Man Group in sharia fund tie-up
Dubai, September 27, 2011
Emirates NBD's asset management arm and Man Group have announced a tie-up which will see the hedge fund firm manage one of the lender's sharia-compliant funds, the companies said on Tuesday.
Man Investments will take over the management of the Emirates Islamic Alternative Strategies Fund, with the assets allocated to the Man GLG Multi-Strategy Fund, as Emirates NBD Asset Management looks to grow the product.
'If we don't raise $50 million-$100 million in a year's time, I will be disappointed,' Deon Vernooy, senior executive officer of Emirates NBD Asset Management, told reporters at a press conference.
The Emirates Islamic Alternative Strategies Fund is currently worth $20 million, Vernooy said. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson