BFH backs Islamic finance conference
Manama, November 28, 2011
Bahrain Financial Harbour Holding Company backed the 18th annual World Islamic Banking Conference (WIBC), the world's largest and most influential annual gathering of international industry leaders in the global Islamic finance industry.
The three-day event was held under the patronage of the Central Bank of Bahrain at the Gulf Convention Centre, Gulf Hotel, from November 21 to 23.
Commenting on the company's participation, managing director Dr Omar Al Mardi said: 'Bahrain Financial Harbour Holding Company has played a pioneering role in the development of an iconic financial hub in the region.
'We have also long recognised the importance of working towards the development of the community in which we live in, by being part of Bahrain's most prestigious events such as the 18th annual World Islamic Banking Conference,' he said.
'Our own experience with Islamic financing has been more than a success.
'At BFH we are committed to support thriving initiatives. Hence, we are pleased to be able to support this important annual gathering, particularly as it will most certainly prepare the Islamic finance industry to compete for global growth,' Dr Al Mardi said.
'This year, WIBC welcomed more than 1,200 industry leaders and professionals from round the globe, who gathered for discussions that will further enhance the Islamic finance industry,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey
- United Arab Bank backs UAE-Turkey business
- Islamic finance 'facing integration challenge'
- Bahrain tops in developed Islamic finance sector
- DME sets new trading records