DIB finance chief wins award
Dubai, January 8, 2012
Dubai Islamic Bank’s (DIB) chief financial officer Ahmed Al-Gebali recently received the “Revolutionary CFO of the Year” award from Naseba at the 2011 Mena CFO Awards.
Held each year in Dubai, the awards recognise the important contribution of CFOs in delivering success for their organizations, a statement from the bank said.
Al-Gebali, also DIB’s executive vice president, won the award based on his track record and breaking the mould of traditional finance by contributing to transformation.
The winners were chosen by an independent panel of judges, selected from senior Middle East finance and business executives.
Nominees were assessed on various criteria including business Impact, innovation, contextual complexity, business partnership, organisational capability enhancement and personal characteristics, the statement said.
As senior banking professionals specialising in the field of Islamic finance and with over 25 years of experience, Al-Gebali has held several positions in Boubyan Bank, Global Investment House, Gulf Investment House, Kuwait Financial Centre and International Financial Advisors. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Jordan economy set to grow 3.5 pc
- Tough time ahead for Arab Spring nations
- ADS Securities inks deal with Tunes Group
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app