CBK profit sharply down in 2011
Kuwait, February 5, 2012
Commercial Bank of Kuwait (CBK) made a net profit of KD810,000 ($2.92 million) in 2011, down from KD40.5 million in the prior year period, according to a company statement.
The board recommended that no dividend be paid out for 2011, said the statement posted on the bourse website.
The lender reported a nine-month profit of KD8.3 million in October.
CBK shares ended 1.4 per cent higher on Sunday, outperforming the broader index which ended almost flat. Earnings were reported after the bourse closed. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Doha Bank may sell bonds to raise capital
- Reuters launches Islamic finance indicator
- IMF 'not worried about Dubai debt obligations'
- Nonoo Exchange opens Riffa branch
- Inflation a risk for strong Saudi economy: IMF
- Ahli United expands key POS service
- BKIC unveils new brand identity
- NBB completes BisB share purchase
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- UAE sees big foreign capital inflow