Mashreq launches 'instant banking service'
Dubai, September 26, 2012
Leading UAE bank Mashreq said it has launched a revolutionary instant banking service that will offer customers its key products such as credit/debit cards or a personal loan 'at the speed of life.'
‘Mashreq GO’ is a first-of-its-kind service in the UAE which guarantees that customers will be able to walk into any of our branches and walk out in 30 minutes with a new product, said a top official.
"Powered by innovative technology, Mashreq GO will allow customers to walk into the 17 participating branches and get a product in just 30 minutes such as a Platinum Elite credit card, a debit card or a current account with a cheque book," remarked Farhad Irani, the head of Retail Banking Group – Mashreq.
Customers can also apply for a personal loan and get money into their account in just 24 hours, he noted.
"This launch is an extension of success achieved in our previous propositions. At Mashreq, we continue to deliver world class financial solutions to our customers and the industry," said Irani.
"Now with Mashreq GO, if a customer is walking in a mall and sees an amazing Mashreq card offer available at retail outlets and if they don’t have a Mashreq credit card, they can simply walk into our branch, have a coffee and walk out in 30 minutes with a new Platinum Credit Card provided they have the required documents. This to me is banking at the Speed of Life!,” he added.
Shaker Zainal, the head of distribution, Mashreq said, “With service being the main pillar of this offering, all our branch staff have undergone rigorous training to ensure customers receive the best banking service in the UAE."
"We all understand how time is of essence and we appreciate that, our main objective is to extend a never done before offering to delight our customers and we sure are on the right track," remarked Zainal.
Along with the instant products, Mashreq Go is also offering benefits such as instant insurance coverage on money transfers, instant payment of utilities, mobile & Salik fees with online banking, instant Salaam rewards and in-store redemption of points.
Recently voted as the 'Best Regional Retail Bank in the UAE,' Mashreq is striving for excellence by offering faster and superior banking services for its customers, Zainal added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- BMI launches new personal loan promotion
- Experts shed light on key Fatca legislation
- Saudi inflation plunges to four-year low
- UAE investment appetite 'strengthens' says expert
- Dubai mulls rule change to woo domiciled funds
- UAE, Abu Dhabi roll over $20bn of Dubai's debt
- Saudi can achieve 4.4pc growth this year
- Emaar listing of retail unit 'within months'
- Dubai Investments nets $29m profits
- Compliance officers facing diverse pressures, says study
- Abu Dhabi finance dept inks deal with Ajman
- Kuwait registers 8pc credit growth
- Bahrain Sico funds net solid returns
- Emaar proposes 15pc cash dividends
- ABG units win top Islamic finance award
- Finance House approves 25pc cash dividends
- Qatar 'most expensive country in Gulf'
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014