BIA seminar to spotlight Africa-Asia insurance
Manama, September 28, 2012
Bahrain Insurance Association (BIA) will be hosting a life insurance seminar focused on the African and Asian market in collaboration with the Federation of Afro-Asian Insurers next month.
The first Life Insurance Experience in Afro-Asian Market seminar will be held to promote co-operation among insurance and reinsurance companies in Africa and Asia, through the regular exchange of information, expertise and the development of business relations.
The seminar will specialise in life insurance and the challenges for individuals as well as insurance and reinsurance companies, said BIA chairman Younis J Al Sayed.
"The question, then, is how insurance companies go past these challenges especially in the Afro-Asian market. Renowned speakers in the insurance and reinsurance field will be providing participants with essential information.
"The participants will also benefit and gain experience from different cultures and experience in the field," he added.
The seminar will be held on October 15 and 16 at the Ritz-Carlton Bahrain Hotel and Spa.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson